Our Commitment to Safe Ministry
St Matthew's Shenton Park and the Anglican Diocese of Perth are committed to Safe Ministry. We are committed to:
1. The implementation of appropriate Policies, Protocols and Codes of Conduct with the aim of protecting and safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults.
2. Rigorous background screening processes for all clergy and lay leaders.
3. Transparency and accountability when addressing complaints of misconduct against Clergy and lay leaders, with full regard to legal and ethical considerations.
4. The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children and adults.
5. Ensuring safe, caring communities that provide an environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of misconduct and abuse.
For more information: Anglican Diocese of Perth: Feel Safe